Sunday, May 19, 2013

True or False

Patience is a virtue. True. Well, patience is not something I have a whole lot of. I'm not particularly patient in any area of my life, but especially not when it is in regards to something I want or want to happen. We waited 10 months to get pregnant with David. Not because we wanted to wait, but because it simply didn't happen. After this period of not so patiently waiting I couldn't imagine I'd lose another baby. God only gives you what you can handle. True. Well, I couldn't handle losing another child so therefore, I was safe. At the same time we got our great news, 4 other angel mamas also found out they were expecting, two that I am very close to. The doubt crept in. There were too many of us. 1 in 4 babies die in the first trimester. One of us was going to lose their baby. True. I know people want me to say that my faith is so strong that I accepted David being with God and that this was all part of "the plan". I didn't though. I was angry. Cursing and asking why. Why me? Why a second time? Why after we tried for so long? I wasn't angry for long, but it was there. My faith wasn't shaken, but my heart certainly was. We found out on Friday that David was a boy. We also found out he had Trisomy 22. This means this condition was unrelated to McKenna's. This means that there is hope for a healthy baby in the future. This means when we are ready we try again and wait. Waiting is hard. True. We will soon have a healthy baby. I can only hope that's true. Hope is lost. FALSE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment