Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Here's to many more! :)

With Brandon's 5th birthday around the corner I am facing a whole slew of emotions. First off: wonder. How did my baby become 5 so quickly? Second: anxiety. Will I ever get to again have a "take-home" baby? And most of all, and I truly mean the biggest part: amazement, blessed beyond measure, awe, thankfulness. I have been blessed with 5 amazing years with an amazing boy who is truly one of the things that makes my heart sing! He is simply wonderful. Before I had my child taken from me, I never stopped to think about the wonderful blessing every day with my children is. 
The other day Kayla was making a list of each of their party themes. I have been immensely blessed to see princesses, cowboys, Mickey Mouse, monkeys, dirt machines, Thomas the Train, Lilo and Stitch, Elmo, semi trucks, Littlest Pet Shop, Dr Suess, Pirates, Kilan, space, Hannah Montanna, dinosaurs, and now Star Wars! What memories! It's not that Kayla and Lane's birthdays don't evoke such wonder in me, it's just that my baby goes to Kinderarten this year. My baby is 5! So unbelievable! My heart is so full!

No comments:

Post a Comment